Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Say What Wednesday.

Before I explain what the title of this post means I'm gonna have to let y'all down a little bit. But I promise you'll forget all about it once I explain Say What Wednesday. So keep reading!

Today really started last night when my husband got home from a friends house and insisted we stay up late and enjoy some alone time. We watched How I Met Your Mother and talked about this awesome blog and by the time we decided to go to bed it was almost 2 a.m. Yikes. I knew I should've listened to my gut and said "Sorry babe, its a little late dontya think? I'm going to bed." But really... who can decline a handsome man asking you to watch your favorite show and cuddle? Not me, that's for sure. I did however decline the brownies he offered to make. (Dangit.. now I want brownies)

As we are getting ready for bed my man candy looks over at me and says "I will take care of the boys tomorrow morning so you can sleep in, you deserve it" Husband of the year.

Fast forward 4 hours.

Mister baby wakes up. Eats. Goes back to sleep.

Fast forward 3 hours.

Mister baby wakes up, I holler to the hubs, change a diaper, and just like that... I was back in bed.

Bliss.

Usually sleeping in helps me have a better day and I feel more refreshed. But today the exact opposite happened. I woke up and instantly wanted to get back in bed but my empty stomach had other plans so I made my way to the kitchen instead. Mmmmmm coffee cake.

Literally the rest of the day is a blur. Liam refused to take a nap in his bed so I laid down on the couch with him and we took a 45 minute nap together. 45 minutes is not long enough for the little stinker.

Blurdurrduurrrrmurrrnanerrrrr.

Seriously. Its all a blur.

I remember at one point telling my husband that all of my followers were going to be disappointed.

Hair was never done. Sweats were never taken off. The make up I was wearing was leftover from yesterday.

By the time I decided it was time to take a shower and actually be productive it was 4:00 and I knew I was going to Yoga at 5:30 and so a shower seemed pretty pointless.

Disappointed yet? I am.

I realized that not getting ready and not being productive made me get pretty down on myself. I didn't feel as energized or as happy. I found my mind wandering to places I didn't want it to go. It was a rough day. But I'm happy to know that tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. I have to let go of today and just make the most of tomorrow. One bad day will absolutely not effect my progress.



Yoga tonight was amazing by the way. Hardest class I have ever taken but I loved the change of pace. Turns out "rowdy yoga" is just yoga on speed. Non stop moving from pose to pose with each breath. I loved it. I loved my bath afterwards even more though.

Onto the good stuff.

I decided I wanted to give my blog something special. So I came up with "Say What Wednesday". Every Wednesday I am going to create a list of things that make me, and hopefully you, say "Say WHHHATTTT!" I grew up in the South and I feel like that was everyones reaction to anything and everything out of the ordinary.

First up:

Gene Simmons - He has his tongue insured for 1 million dollars. ONE MILLION. Say whhatttt!

Next on the list:

The largest bubble gum bubble ever blown was 20 inches in diameter. That's one big bubble! I can only get those suckers about 1/2 inch in diameter. So yeahhhh.. Say whhatttt! I challenge you to break that record.

Our final one of the day:

Someone has been putting human feces in Yale students laundry while its drying. This person referred to as the "poopetrator" hasn't been found but campus officials are on the hunt! Hahahah! Say whhatttt???!! Heres the link to the story if you are interested. Click here for some laughs. 

Hopefully you enjoyed the first Say What Wednesday and I hope you come back for it next week.

Ps. Don't expect pictures for awhile I have a monster attacking my lip. (aka cold sore) Feel bad for me.





1 comment:

  1. it's been five days... get back to work! love you :) SAY WHAT?!!?

    ReplyDelete