Saturday, October 19, 2013

Plain and Simple.

As I sit here slightly disappointed in myself for not blogging for over a week I had to ask myself why. Why didn't I just sit down and write? The real answer didn't come to me so easily. I have tried to make excuses for myself but none of them really justify it. At least not in my mind. Blogging is my escape, my outlet, and my journal to a certain extent. I want to remember my progress and remember my life for how it really was and not for how I want others to think it is. I think I started to doubt my ability to write and to actually draw in the attention of readers. I started to think that no one would want to read my blog if its all just a recap of my day and how proud I was for actually doing my hair. I realize now that its not about that and thats not what is important. This is about my life - I want to write about the things I want to remember whether they are interesting or not. Each part of my day is significant to me. Thats what is important. I refuse to let my doubts keep me from writing. In ten years when I want to look back at my life I'm not going to care about grammar mistakes or boring posts. I am going to love remembering my life for exactly how it was. Good or bad.

I love all of the positive feedback and the wonderful advice and loving words that I have received. I hope that anyone who reads this blog senses the raw emotion and honesty that is going into it. This is me. Plain and simple.

Thats all for tonight. I promise a recap of the past week tomorrow. Nighty night upper west siders.






1 comment: