Monday, October 7, 2013

Gratitude

Wow. Just wow.

I am consumed with gratitude for all of the amazing people who have read my blog and who have responded to me with their personal success stories and words of encouragement. I am so happy to know that my words are relateable and that I could help give a few of you a sense of hope and normalcy. So, thank you. You have inspired me to continue this journey.

Today was a great start to my 30 days! I woke up to a tickle on my foot and a cute grin from my husband saying that he had made breakfast. I have no idea how I slept through our oldest waking up, but I did and my amazing 3 month old was still fast asleep which gave me some time to enjoy my breakfast. As I thought about the tasks I had to complete throughout the day my mind quickly wandered to "so, when can I nap?". I'm gonna be real upfront with y'all right now. I nap. A lot. I love naps more than I think is normal. When I decided to create a better life for myself I decided that I should probably cut my napping times down. I really badly want to master the 30 minute power nap because it just sounds awesome when people say it. For example: (feel free to read these in your best sexy voice because that's totally how its meant to be read)

"Wow, you look really youthful and refreshed"
"Yeah, I took a power nap earlier it was amazing"

"Wow, you really killed it in spin class today. Whats your secret?"
"I take a power nap right before"

"Wow, your hair is so shiny and smooth"
"During my power nap I use a leave in conditioner, it works wonders"

You get the idea.
I will keep you updated on how my power nap mastery goes. If you have power nap tips.. feel free to share.

Oh, and if you go to spin class... I bow down to you. I last like 4 seconds on a bike.

Back to my awesome day.

I ate my amazing waffles and went straight to the bathroom and started to get ready for the day. I am a firm believer in second day hair... So luckily I curled my hair yesterday and the touch up for today was a breeze. However, never let me do a middle part again. I slightly suffer from Tyra head. You know what I mean right?? Speaking of Tyra..


Don't I totally look like Nina from this season of Americas Next Top Model? I'm pretty sure I do.

As I'm getting ready my husband walks into the bathroom and says "Hows it going Cinderella?" I asked him why he was calling me Cinderella and his response? "Because you are a princess" AWEEEEE. C'mon now! Thanks babe for kick starting the amazing day. After I got ready I helped my mom with her school schedule and put my boys down for their nap and got started on my new hobby. Couponing. Yes. Couponing. I'm thoroughly convinced that I am going to become the crazy coupon lady because its seriously addicting. I'm going on my first coupon outing with my sister in law tomorrow so I will report on that later.

I finished clipping my coupons and checked a couple other items off of my to do list and decided to try out the whole power nap thing. It worked y'all. I slept for like 20 min. Okay, I was woken up by the sounds of my waking babies but it still counts right? I think it does.

Quick recap of the rest of the day so I can make this blog post short.

Went to target. Bought some diapers. Saw my sweet friend Patti. Got a coke with lime (I'm trying to quit. I just needed one more day I swear!). Got home. Made bomb black bean tacos. Put the babies in bed. Cleaned up. Put sweats on. Started this blog. BOOM.

I need to rewind slightly back to dinner.

My stinker toddler is the pickiest eater in the world. It is the most frustrating thing in the world. So the hubs and I have tried every trick in the book to get him to eat. I think we finally figured it out. What I am about to say you can totally judge... but if you do... I expect every judgement to come with a suggestion for something better.

We bribe him. A bite for a chocolate chip. I KNOWWWWW terrible! But effective. Very effective. My husband put it perfectly "I think dessert was invented so kids would eat dinner" So true! Hell, dessert was invented so I would eat dinner. Lets be honest. Not only do we bribe him with chocolate but we applaud him after each bite and literally beat on our chests like apes (only because its adorable when our little guy copies us).

So today I tried to smile a little longer at the small things that make me happy. I tried to appreciate them more. I think I was successful. And even though I didn't do anything over the top or flashy, I still feel like today was the perfect start to my journey.

XOXO, Kelsi.




Here is my selfie proof for the day. Oh ps. and this is big. I wore jeans until 9 PM. Wowza.

3 comments:

  1. Wearing jeans until 9 p.m.? BRAVO! ENCROYABLE!! Guess who inspired me to do my hair and makeup for the first time in..... a month? You. I did my hair and makeup yesterday. I'm taking this journey with you. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! I went home and cleaned for 3 hours last night! My apartment was scary. Thanks for the motivation. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Kelsi! Thanks for giving us this little insight into a day in your amazing life. I hope the couponing adventure goes well for you. I'm sad I had to bail this time around. One of my mantras is, "All is fair in love and war AND potty training!" I think that could extend to getting your kids to eat their dinner. That's ingenious, that you give your son a chocolate chip for a bite of food...dessert incorporated INTO dinner. I love the visual of all of you beating your chests like Tarzan!

    ReplyDelete